I can't believe how quickly the time goes by! He's no longer a baby that I can rock to sleep or push around in a stroller. Alex has grown into such a precious little boy. He has become so inquisitive and thoughtful, really trying to take in the world around him. Recently when we were listening to Praise Baby and the worship song came on with the chorus "we cry holy, holy, holy; we cry holy holy holy is the Lamb..." Alex asked me why they were crying "holy". Why would they be sad? Holy means Jesus, Mommy! So I got to explain that this crying doesn't mean sad...it means singing out, happy, excited! So now this is Alex's favorite song. He sings around the house all the time, but especially this song, and of course gets excited every time we hear it on the radio.
What a blessing these past four years have been having Alex to bring us joy, laughter, and singing every day. Happy birthday to our sweet, sweet boy!


Newborn Alex in 2004...my how he has grown!



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Alex!
Love Ashley, Jen & Eric
Post a Comment